|How In the "Dickens" Can We Help the Real Estate Market? |
|By Carol Johnson,|
President of the Recruiting Network
Publisher of www.RecruitingPipeline.com
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
English novelist (1812 - 1870)
|Charles Dickens penned this quote in A Tale of Two Cities more than 140 years ago, but it sounds like a current assessment of today�s economy and real estate situation. The famed bard didn�t sell real estate or live in the era of instant communication. However, he clearly identified the problems and chastised the noisy authorities who created the problems leading to a winter of despair.|
If you have been in real estate long enough, you have seen times change for better or worse at consistent intervals. Like Charles Dickens, we know good times will return� but not when they will return. Today, we are entering a new age of wisdom. We are being challenged to work together for the good of the country. People want change, but are often satisfied to sit in the dark and wait for changes to happen. I propose we heed the advice of Charles Dickens and get great minds working together towards a better spring, an age of hope and wisdom.
|10 Ways to Contribute to Better Times|
- Create �Light� by gathering bright minds into topic related Master Mind groups.
- Focus your energy on solving specific personal and business issues.
- Identify good news and success stories to publish and promote.
- Have the courage to end economic �foolishness� where ever you find it.
- Choose to do business with those that do Good verses those that do Evil.
- Insist authority figures do what is right, not just what is in their best interest.
- Spring into action and contribute to better times.
- Be the bright spot in someone�s day or life
- Join a national master minds group for recruiting executives and work to better the industry through ethical recruiting practices.
- Attend the Recruiting Network Conference April 22-24th at the FireSky Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, AZ.
|Missing Link Report|
Please help us maintain your Recruiting Pipeline web site by notifying us when you find a missing link (or a dreaded typo). Email MemberServices@RecruitingPipeline.com. Simply copy the URL address at the top of the page and describe the problem. We will make every effort to have it repaired in 48 hours.
The content of this web site is for the exclusive use of The Recruiting Network Members and must be used according to the terms and conditions of membership. This article was published by The Recruiting Network Inc., Schaumburg, IL 60168. The rights to this article remain the exclusive property of the author, written permission is required for duplication. For Recruiting Network Membership information contact:
MemberServices@RecruitingPipeline.com. Copyright The Recruiting Network 1990-2009.